HOW TRIVIA NIGHT WORKS:
YOU MUST BE 21 TO BE A TEAM MEMBER
1.Pick a team scribe that writes very legibly and put that person in charge of writing your answers on the sheets provided. You are provided 10 sheets, one for each round.
2.Guess how many points your team will receive and write it on the line provided on the Round 1 Answer Sheet. There will be 100 questions, a total of 100 points possible. Your guess is our tie-breaker in case we need it.
3. Answer the Questions. The runners will hand out printed copies of that round’s questions to each table. Your team will quietly confer on one answer to each question, and your team scribe will write it down on the answer sheets provided.
4. The runners will pick up the answer sheets. When most teams have finished, the MC will sound the gong and give the remaining teams one minute to finish up. It will be sounded again when time is up. The MC will read the correct answers.
Scores are very close at the beginning of the night. The leaderboard will be updated after the third round.
5.Mulligans.You may purchase ‘Mulligans’ from your runner – 3 for $10. You may use one mulligan instead of answering a question. If you really don’t know the answer, place the mulligan sticker on the line where the answer should go. Only 6 mulligans allowed per team.
6. Buck Games. After rounds 3 and 8, there will be optional ‘BUCK GAMES’ that you can participate in by standing up to let us know you want to play. Our staff will come around and collect your dollar and the game will begin. They are games of elimination, and if you are eliminated and wish to continue, you may spend another dollar to stay in the game ONE TIME. There will be prizes awarded. There will be a short break afterwards (about 5 minutes or so) to use the restrooms and stretch your legs. After round 5, there will be a slightly longer break, about 15 minutes. Once the gong sounds, the round will begin in 2 minutes, so make your way back to your seats to continue the game.
7. LEAVING THE ROOM. If at any time you need to leave the room DURING a round, you must wait until the round has completed to re-enter.
NO CELL PHONES!!
9. TURN ALL CELL PHONES OFF. Then set them in the middle of the table in the tray provided. Leave them there. During the breaks, you may leave the room to use them. When you return to the room, once again shut them off and place them back in the tray.
10.Runners - Get to know your ‘runner’. Your runner will introduce himself or herself to you as you are setting up for the evening. This same person will collecting the answer sheets, getting change for you, and watching for cell phone use. If you have any questions, get their attention and they will be able to help you.
11.At the end of the evening, the team with the highest score will win the trivia trophy and $150 to share amongst their team. The second place team will win $75.
Please use the Drink tickets that will be available near the door. Different tickets for pop/water, wine, beer, and mixed drinks are available as well as a ‘bucket of beer’ ticket which is 6 beers in a bucket of ice.
To order drinks, fill out one of the order sheets provided at your table and give to a server. She will return with a drink at which time you give her a ticket.
Bottles of water are available near the popcorn table.